Some things you should know about Lambert:
- He owns and operates a free lending library in the city.
- When threatened, he wields a broken sword. When it was whole, it was feared by major players of all types.
- Nobody has been able to repair the blade. He grips the top half of the broken blade along the sharp edge, and it declines to harm him.
- This should be perfect for you, he loves music.
- His native culture presupposes reincarnation, uses advanced magic to heal wounds and illness, and is caviler about life.
- He is intensely loyal.
- In the past, he was a successful assassin. For the last year he has refused all contracts. This stance has left his reputation hanging by a thread and threatens the viability of the library.
- He’s cute.
- Most of his friends are outside the world of crime, many of them are wealthy, but he is reluctant to ask for help.
- His sense of humor is kind but dry.
“Why in the world would I let you set me up with him? He sounds like a disaster.”
“Why not? He seems like your type. He’s the only person I know who talks about music as much as you do.”
“I barely even play anymore, you know that. I know I’ve had a rough couple of years, but just when did my type become broken? Half the things you told me indicate a man in recovery from trauma and existential crisis”
“He’s not broken…Besides, it’ll be a double-date. We’ll be there.”
“Fine… I give up. But only as a favor to you.”
“Great! One more thing…”
“So, whatever happened a year ago that broke his sword and imbued him with his newfound unhelpful respect for life. He does NOT talk about it. So, whatever you do, please don’t ask him about it.”